Upcoming Events

No events found

emo Macros to streamline your UI

More
5 years 4 months ago #14371

I bumped into this on Reddit and I spent like 4-5 hours playing around with it last night and understanding it.

Here's an example of what it looks like:

and here's how to do it:

imgur.com/a/WSopH

What you'll need:

- At least 1 shared hotbar
- A class that you don't play
- Time and patience

Carl actually made this hugely easier for me when he figured out that you don't need to do with your advance job classes, it will work with your base classes too. So I put mine on my GLA job and I use them on all the others.

The idea is that you fill up the bars on the class you don't use, then you use a macro that will copy the bars from that class into your shared bars so it works across the board.

It's really need and a nice way to clean up your UI.

Here's how I've cleaned mine up:

All UI On (Mouse over my hide UI macro)

UI Hidden

Only combat UI elements hidden

Duty List hidden

Game Menu toggled

First "shared" hotbar using this method, this is my "character bar"

Utilities bar

Companion bar

Minions bar

Here are the macros themselves:

You can also combine them, one dynamic bar can have a button that in turn opens other dynamic bars. I'm still playing around with this, but so far I love it, the only issue is I'm running out of bars!

Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Vander.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #14374

I've had this for a good while, and I can vouch for its awesomeness.

I like to use my crafting/gathering classes unused hotbars, since all the crafting abilites can be placed in 3 bars, so I already had a ton of empty bars.

The only problem I originally had, after implementing it, were that when you made changes within a hotbar, those changes were not saved. So if I wanted to put a potion in one of those slots or move something around, and then rotated it to something else, when I go back, it was lost.

Fixed that though, by "exporting" out the hotbars before "importing" the new ones.
Vander wrote:

You can also combine them, one dynamic bar can have a button that in turn opens other dynamic bars. I'm still playing around with this, but so far I love it, the only issue is I'm running out of bars!
Unlock new classes! You potentially can have over a hundred hotbars at your disposal.

More
5 years 3 months ago #15159

So I'm doing this to my UI right at the Moment, and I noticed something interesting.

You have 10 Shared bars, and 10 bars per Class, and 10 Bars per Job.

When you share a Bar, it doesn't remove the individual Bars from the Classes and Jobs. You can still call the bars in a Macro etc.

So If you're Clever, you have 310 Bars available to you. This will only go up by 30 in a week.

More
5 years 3 months ago #15208

> When you share a Bar, it doesn't remove the individual Bars from the Classes and Jobs. You can still call the bars in a Macro etc.

Whaaa? Now THAT'S interesting.

More
5 years 3 months ago #15315

SOme shots of my UI.

Everyday use. The bars on the right with the mounts and the Chocobo items can be hidden easily. That's my cycle bar and various settings.

Here's the UI Elements showing where everything is.

More
5 years 3 months ago #15319

This is something i discovered recently, which im going to use as my base idea for my ui seeing as this was posted long while back, and we now have new and more skills as well nowadays lol

www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1s1v8k/d...d_methodology_for_a/

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change" - Charles Darwin

More
5 years 2 months ago #15321

Kodama wrote:

This is something i discovered recently, which im going to use as my base idea for my ui seeing as this was posted long while back, and we now have new and more skills as well nowadays lol

www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1s1v8k/d...d_methodology_for_a/

That's what I've done on mine. All Tanks Emnity is 3-2-Shift+2, secondary combos are 3-4-Shift+4(or 3), all stuns are on the same button, all proc'd activated abilites are on the same button, cooldowns are in the samish spots depending on strength and cooldown length.

It makes it so much easier to shift between classes that way.