Upcoming Events

No events found

emo I like Long Walks on the Beach at Costa del Sol...

More
2 years 5 months ago #20502

Welcome to my introduction to eHarmony post! I'm a Sagittarian who...wait...oh this is 404...my bad.

er um.

Hey everyone! I'm Jarrad from the beautiful capital city of the Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra! You may not have heard of where I live but it is a place that exists I assure you.

What to tell you about myself? I'm self-deprecating when getting to know people purely as a defense mechanism and also to make sure my ego is kept in check. I was a failed child television star over here with one TV series to my name and no one has ever heard of me. Since 2007 though I've been running a theatre company over here in Canberra (Everyman Theatre) for which I'm very proud. In fact this weekend one of our shows (The History Boys) comes to a close after a sold out season (which never happens I assure you).

If you like television shows in all their various and wonderful forms then we'll be best friends. One of my favourite things to do is to discover TV gems and share them with people - usually by making them sit on the couch and watching them with me where I stare at them awkwardly whilst they watch so I can see if they're 'getting it' or just watching it. I've been told it's endearing and supremely irritating. My 3 favourite TV shows of all time are in no particular order: The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica and Will & Grace.

I like manners. Nothing more needs to be said. I sound like an English governess from the 1800s but it's important. Please and thank you and sorry.

I honestly am not sure what else to write about! I'm looking forward to meeting you all around the forum or in game (my fancy looking Bard in Behemoth is called Rayfe Andian so compliments always welcome!)

Hope youse (Australian for you all) have a great day!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #20503

Welcome to 404!

I may or may not already envision you dressed like Maggie Smith in Downton Abbey. 404 could use a governess.

Glad to have you!

More
2 years 5 months ago #20504

Welcome to the fiasco! We'll be your tour guides. When are you usually around?

More
2 years 5 months ago #20505

Hello! Hope you find a home with 404.

Fun fact: "youse" is also how Americans from New York City say you all!

More
2 years 5 months ago #20506

Hi! Welcome! Looks like we got a really interesting addition this time around. I'll be excited to meet you in game/Discord.

It's all anime all the time in our house, but I have been known to enjoy Futurama, the Golden Girls, Cheers and Quantum Leap. Stranger Things was good, too!

• Cyllan
  • Cyllan's Avatar Moderator
  • My star globe brings all the boys to the yard...
More
2 years 5 months ago #20507

Woooo welcome to the 404 party!!

I was a gigantic theatre nerd in HS, so I will absolutely love geeking out with theatre-talk with you. Congrats on the sold out show!!

Look forward to getting a chance to hang out with you:)

More
2 years 5 months ago #20508

BSG is also one of my favorites! I LOVE stories, and as a result I watch way too much tv. So I'm sure we'll have plenty of nerding out together in our future.

Welcome to our little cluster of geekery. Looking forward to getting to know you!